Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Ask Me Anything Answers!

Well...

 *coughs in apology* 

 Wait, it's still before the end of July! Don't judge me so harshly! :P 

 Here are all the answers to all the questions y'all asked in my previous post! Happy delayed blogiversary to Bookends and Bwopper-Eels, and thank you all for being such lovely humans, and for all the fun questions! Now, let's get right down to business...

MovieCritic asks: 

Favorite TV show?

This is tricky. You see, the thing is, I have watched VERY few TV shows, as I prefer the general format of a feature length film better. However, the BBC Sherlock series is exceedingly good, and I think that is definitely a favorite! Even though I've not quite finished it, *cough cough*

 



Favorite STAR WARS movie?

The Empire Strikes Back! For me, Episode V has just the best story, the best assortment of characters, and is probably the most nostalgic. 

Last book you read?

Uhhhhhhhhh....

I should keep better track of these things. Since I'm working on my senior thesis for school, I have been reading collections of YA fantasy short stories (which is what I'm "studying"), so I think the latest would be The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo. It was okay. But only just okay. 

The first novel that you remember reading?

I have a vague but strong memory of reading Laura Ingalls Wilder's On the Banks of Plum Creek as quite a small youngling. Our library had two copies, and my favorite copy was the older, more battered one - I remember that it smelled amazing (I was a weird child). 

This is the exact cover I remember

Last movie that you saw in a theater (when they were open)?

 Frozen II, I think. Either that or The Rise of Skywalker


 A super underrated movie that you love?

 This is a really weird answer, but Hoodwinked! from 2005 is HILARIOUS and I love watching it. I think it was a formative part of my developing sense of humor, and even though the animation is rather ghastly by today's standards (and the standards of 2005, for that matter), I still always enjoy it...I always have a good laugh! (But for goodness' sake, DO NOT watch the sequel...it was awful.) 


Rakayle asks: 

 Do you like scrapbooking?

 I think I WOULD like scrapbooking, given an opportunity to try it! I have never actually made a physical scrapbook before (except when I was maybe 8 years old so that doesn’t really count), but it sounds like fun! I do Pinterest though…does that count?

Favorite outfit style?

 Ooooh, this is a good one. I think I’ll have to say that it depends on the occasion, but in general, I opt for classic, comfortable outfits—I love earth tones, cardigans, and soft tshirts for casual, and anything classic and elegant for more formal occasions. I also usually accessorize with either earrings or a necklace, depending on the day!

 Paperback or hardcover?

 Hardcover, all the way! After working in a library for two years, I have come to appreciate the durability and strength of hardcover books way more than I ever did before!

(Not mine, but pretty cool-looking!)

 MiddleEarthMusician asks:

Dark, milk, or white chocolate?

Definitely dark chocolate! I love it!!!


Current favorite fictional ship?

 Oh no…

 WhY would you aSk that QuEStIoN? I have SO MANY…but the one that comes to mind currently is Samwise Gamgee and Rosie Cotton…I have always loved the simplicity and honest love of their relationship; how Sam is always talking about her, even when he is on the brink of death—I recently listened to the “Scouring of the Shire” chapter in ROTK and boy oh boy they should not have left that out of the movie.


What was the last book that you bought?

 The same collection of short stories I talked about above…The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo.

Favorite fictional villain?

 Iago from Shakespeare’s Othello! I wrote an entire post about why I find him so fascinating, maybe a year ago…


Current favorite song?

 Ooooh dear. I can’t say that I have *one* favorite song in particular, but I’ve been listening to the Frozen II soundtrack on and off since the movie came out (guilty secret: I love singing along), even though I may be ashamed to admit it.


 Ivy asks:

 What's your favorite time period?

Hmmm…usually either the Regency of Medieval era, depending on my mood! I also like the clothing of the Edwardian era…but I think I prefer the first two.


How old were you when you started writing?

When I started writing the first novel I finished, I think I was between ten and eleven…or maybe eleven and twelve???? So, at least nine years ago!

What's your favorite thing about blogging?

I love being able to just have a free space that I can put my thoughts into; something that’s not a journal, but as I look back, I can see what was happening in my life and remember writing the posts…it’s almost like a public journal, actually! :) 

 Homeburger asks:

Out of all of the Star Wars movies, who is your all-time favorite Jedi?

Either Obi-Wan Kenobi or Luke Skywalker! Luke has just the right amount of skill and dorkiness to make him very likeable, not to mention that he is, dare I say, the more “classic” Jedi. However, how can I not love Obi-Wan? He has such class! And, as I’m watching The Clone Wars, his character is getting a bit more developed than it was before…but I still can’t decide!! 


What is a book that you would recommend to basically anyone?

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. It is a beautifully, expertly crafted story.

What is your favorite style of music?

Hmm…I like a lot of different styles of music, just in moderation! I really do enjoy light pop, I guess I would call it—stuff like U2 and Coldplay. I also like folksy music and soundtracks…if that helps!

Would the world even function if ice cream went extinct?

Definitely not.

 


And that is it! Thank you all so much for your lovely questions, I had a lot of fun with them! 

:) 



8 comments:

  1. It took me awhile to get into Sherlock, but now I'm a full-fledged fan! ;)

    Ah, On the Banks of Plum Creek brings back so much nostalgia! That is the cover for my library's copy, too.

    Congrats again on your blogovesary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean -- once you get started it's hard to stop! :)

      Yessss, it does!!!!! I always loved that copy...it had a specific, nice, bookish smell...XD

      Thanks, MC!

      Delete
  2. Great answers! I love hardback books too! Like the sound of your style! Obi and Like are my favorite too! Got to have ice cream. ;)

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rakayle! They were fun questions to answer! :)

      (I know, you can't go wrong with those two Jedi...)

      Delete
  3. :DDD Yayayayayay the answers are here!!!
    YAS dark chocolate is AMAZING. :D And ooh yesss, I love Sam and Rosie too. <33 Ahh I loved reading all your answers!!! Congrats again on the blogoversary!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna! I tagged you over at my blog if you're interested. http://marchramblings.blogspot.com/2020/12/12-delights-of-christmas-tag.html

    I hope your December is going well so far!

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss March!!! Oh my goodness...the realization that I haven't blogged in like 6 months just hit me...yikes!!! Thanks for the wake-up call! I would love to participate! :) :)

      I hope you are doing well too! I'll check out the tag!

      Delete