Friday, March 20, 2020

Confusing Times


Me now that my classes are all online

As much as I hate to contribute to the general panic about *whispers* coronavirus, it's kind of a historic
moment in our lives right now, and I want to have some record of it for all posterity. 

Plus, I'm behind on blog posts. 

I have a couple tags that I am planning to get to SOON, so I apologize to those who have tagged me...but the posts are in the works, I promise! 

So, what have I been up to lately? Well, mostly school and work, which is why my posts are few and far between these days. Now, however, my classes have converted to fully online, so I'm still doing homework, etc., but I have a lot more time to just sit around and work on things I want to do -- such as blogging. I also work at a public library, so they have closed down until further notice, which means I am out of a job. 

My husband and I have also been researching blog platforms and such, and he just found out yesterday that any content one posts on the Blogger platform is not actually the blogger's property anymore; it now belongs to Google should they decide that they want it. In light of that, I have gone ahead and removed any of my own writings (short stories and poems) from this platform, not because I'm paranoid, but just because I don't like the thought that Google could steal them. (Not that they would...but you know.) I'm super sorry about this if you wanted to read any, but...you know. 

In the same vein, I recently started re-writing (and by re-writing, I mean that I opened a NEW WORD DOCUMENT and started RE-WRITING) my previously self-published book.....and I'm planning to start seeking a literary agent to pursue traditional publishing. (Perhaps.) So, because of this, I have taken down the information (or most of it) under my "Writing" tab on this blog, as well as discontinued the sale of my Amazon self-published book. 

But! 

Things are not so bleak as they seem. Even with the threat of enforced quarantine (ironically in America, land of the free and home of the brave, though I'm not going to get political here), we should not panic, we should not go into chaos mode, we should not, in other words, go buy all the food and toilet paper that we can. Sharing and helping each other is important, as is common sense. But I don't want to talk about this anymore, and I'm sure you're just as sick of hearing about it as I am. 

Personally, I'm just hoping that more time at home gives me more time to write! :D And possibly do some blog work. I also had time to peruse an antique store, where I found this amazing action figure still in the packaging! (Totally not a waste of money...) 




As a final note, any thoughts about my new blog design? It's still in process, but I thought it was about time for a change. :) 



4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm liking the new design so far! And that is an EPIC action figure okay. X'D And that's exciting about maybe pursuing traditional publishing!!! You'll have to keep me updated on that. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mem!! It's still a work in progress, but I think it'll turn out well! :) Yessss it is!!!!!

      Thanks, it is exciting! I'm hoping to really buckle down on getting things done this summer. I will definitely be updating in publishing-related news! :)

      Delete
  2. That first meme made my day. XD Good luck with the rewrites and stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks, MC! :) Thank you so much; you stay healthy too! :D

      Delete