Monday, December 24, 2018

#CoverLove Tag!!! (Also Merry Christmas!)

Hello there, everyone! I was tagged a while back by Ruth from Amongst Spring Blossoms for this, and I figured it was about time I got it done! So, without further ado....



(Apologies in advance for the awful quality photos...my phone's camera isn't great, but I wanted pictures of the actual books that I have at home.) 


1. A book cover featuring a gorgeous dress:


I know what you're thinking. That's an American Girl picture book. What kind of "gorgeous dress" is that? Now, the thing is, I really don't own any other books with dresses on them, and there aren't really any in my house for some reason. And let's face it, we ALL wanted Felicity's outfits when we were ten years old. At least, I know I did. 

2. A book cover with no people, just a pretty scenery:


This book is so underrated! Tolkien wrote it for his son, Michael, after Michael lost a little toy dog. So, Tolkien wrote about the adventures that the little dog had after being lost. It is such a sweet, funny, lighthearted story, and a quick read! 

3. A book cover that's ''well-loved'':


No explanation needed. This book has been taped sooooo many times I have lost count (actually I just taped it again like a week ago), and has gone through many hands. It's actually my dad's, but it has been read countless times by me and my siblings. It really smells good though...:D 

4. A book cover that just makes you smile:


This is just such a fun book, and Helen Oxenbury's illustrations are so whimsical! It's definitely a good one. (As you can tell, my Luke Skywalker ornament on our Christmas tree decided to photo-bomb...) 

5. A book cover that is your favorite color:


Well, favorite color is hard for me...I love so many colors! But Dandelion Fire (at least the old original cover) is such a nice shade (or shades) of blue--I have a soft spot for royal blues and purples. 

6. A cover of a book with fond memories attached to it:


I remember when I was maybe 7 or 8, I used to check this book out from the library (before I owned it, of course) just because I loved the cover, and there was a certain, particular copy that I always wanted. It was the one that was the most worn, the one with yellowed pages and an old, sweet, bookish smell. I read this one over and over when I was younger, even when I was too little to fully understand all the words. 

7. A book you wanted solely for the cover:

So the library I work at had a book sale a while ago, and I happened to see a copy of David Copperfield on the table. I picked it up, pulled it out of an old, red protective case, and there was this lovely hardcover book! You can't tell from the picture, but it is a very nicely textured surface and the lettering/decorations are all in gold, very fancy. AND it was in great condition, so of course, I had to buy it...it was only a dollar anyway! I have no idea how the pattern on the cover got shadowed over top of my background, but it looks kinda cool...maybe something to do with the flash on my camera...hmmm....

Anyway, there it is! Thanks again, Ruth, that was very fun! :) 

Now I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! 

"For to us a child is born, 
to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
and his name shall be called
Wonderful, 
Counselor, 
Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, 
Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government
and of peace there will be no end, 
on the throne of David 
and over his kingdom, 
to establish it and to uphold it 
with justice and with righteousness 
from this time forth and forevermore.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this." 

Isaiah 9:6-7 (ESV)




2 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is a cool idea for a tag!!! I LOVE the original cover of Dandelion Fire too. <33
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! Oh...I just realized that I forgot to actually "tag" people...whoopsie...well anyway, feel free to steal this one if you want! :D
      Yes, I think that the old covers for all three 100 Cupboards books were better. But that's just me!
      Thank you so much, MEM! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too! :)

      Delete