Wednesday, May 29, 2019

2019 So Far: Wedding Plans, Final Exams, And What To Do When Someone Buys You An Egg Cooker

Sorry about that really long title, folks. But it kind of sums up what I've been doing for the past several months, and I think it's time to give you a "lately" post...I'm about due for one.

Life has been....a little bit crazy over the past few months and let me tell you, planning a wedding is...well, it's more work than it sounds like. Or at least, more work than I thought it would be. But it's all good work, so that's the important thing! Since that's probably the most exciting thing that has been going on for me, I'll talk about wedding planning and such first:

Me when trying to plan decorations for my wedding

No, I shouldn't complain. Things are actually going quite well! The whole event is coming together slowly but surely, with LOTS of help from my family and my squad of girls who are always there to help out. :) It's crazy, but all of a sudden May is almost done and there are less than 2 months till the actual wedding! How did that happen? I sound like an old woman, but wow, time is going really fast. Plus, I don't actually know how to plan a wedding...I'm the first in my family to be married, so we've never done this before. *nervous laughter*



I did have a couple of lovely showers thrown for me, which was great! I am a terrible introvert, which makes me DETEST being the center of attention at a party, which, well, at a bridal shower, you can't really avoid. But, thankfully, I am blessed with lots of great friends and family who are Much More extroverted than I am and who can mediate between me and...*ominous pause*...socializing.



But it actually all went very well, I'm pleased to report. And I added a new and excellent possession to the list of kitchen supplies that were gifted to us...it's called an egg cooker, and it looks something like this: 


I know, I know, I had my doubts too. It kinda looks like a spaceship or something...like from Jimmy Neutron. We were so curious about how it worked that we tried it out the evening of the shower, actually!! And it works! It works very well, cooks a great hard-boiled egg. We still aren't sure what the spaceship's cockpit is for other than a handle to open up the lid, but hey, it's still a great and newfangled contraption. I approve. 

ANYWAY, in things mostly unrelated to showers and wedding planning, I have successfully finished my 2nd year of college, halfway to being done with my bachelor's degree. (Woop woop!) Nothing VERY exciting happened, and exams are over. I'm very thankful to have a few months off. Though I did have one class held in Meadowbrook Hall, the old estate that was owned by the woman who founded my university. Now THAT was pretty cool. 
Meadowbrook Hall, as I approach for my class...


I have been working two days a week at our local library and still enjoying it immensely--it's a great job for me I think; it fits me well. I found this Absolute Gem of a DVD while I was shelving one day. 


Isn't that just the coolest and most up-to-date thing you've ever seen????? 

As far as writing, reading, and movies go: 

I have finished the final edit of my second book, and am working on formatting stuff, hopefully to be able to self-publish through Amazon this summer (however, I plan to wait till after I'm married so I can publish it after my name is changed). I wrote this flash fiction mainly for my creative writing course at school. 

I went to see Endgame the night after it opened, and we finished basically all the movies in the MCU (here's my post about that) before seeing that. I also reviewed The Greatest Showman, saw How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (which I'm planning to review after I see it once more), and finished up the Pirates of the Caribbean series (which I hope to review sometime in the future as well). 

Reading? Well, ha, I have discovered that now that I don't have to go to school and do homework, I have SO MUCH free time!!! It's great...I've already read the Ascendance Trilogy (by Jennifer Nielsen, and maybe I'll review that eventually), The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, and I'm working on The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky. 

Anyhoo. that has been my life lately...just thought it was about time for a "recently" post. I hope that everyone's springtime is going well! :D If you all have any ideas for posts that you would like to see me write this summer, then please let me know! :) I'm hoping that I'll have some time this summer to post a few things that aren't just wedding pictures! :P 

And now, I shall leave you with an inspiring quote from Pooh Bear: 






6 comments:

  1. AHH; WEDDING PLANS!!! EXCITING!!! (and also maybe a little terrifying??? :-Z XD)
    I sympathize with you about socializing. XD But that egg cooker is amazing... :-O
    Working at a library sounds SO COOL. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! *screams* It is exciting, and DEFINITELY a bit terrifying!!! But in a good way, if you know what I mean??? XD

      Yeah...socializing is not my forte... Hahaha, isn't it though??

      Yes!! I love it so far. There can be super slow days sometimes, but overall it's a great place to work. :)

      Thanks, MEM! :D

      Delete
  2. Now that working at a video store is no longer a viable career choice, librarian seems like a fun alternative :-) Though I know a librarian and she complains a lot about loud children, so hmm.

    Best wishes for the wedding planning to go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yes!! I enjoy it immensely...though we do have our fair share of noisy children, I'd rather see children in the library than not see see them out in public, if you know what I mean? I like to see kids out with their parents. :)

      Aw, thank you so much, Hamlette! I appreciate it! :D

      Delete
  3. Ooh, this was a fun post. :D I'm so glad things are going well!!!!

    YES please do review the Ascendance Trilogy!!! If you wish to, that is. ;)

    PS. Your gifs are perfect. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thank you!! :) Me too...

      I shall attempt to in the near future!!!!!

      Why thank you...:D

      Delete