Thursday, May 3, 2018

End of the Semester--Upcoming Posts?

Goodness gracious, where have I been since my last post???? It's been almost a month!

Well, in short, I was finishing my first year of college. (Insert muffled gasps here.) That's right. I submitted projects and papers galore, presented my presentations in class and brought plenty of pencils and erasers to those final exams--and I survived, finishing my classes successfully, although there lots of painful moments. I feel like freshmen who make it through their first year should get a free t-shirt or something--at least a water bottle, come on people! The day after I got out of school, I cleaned out my backpack, threw away a huge pile of old stuff that I didn't need, and stored my books away. It felt like I was destroying the ancient Jedi texts, if you know what I mean.

But anyway, yes, I am out of school for the summer!!!

This is what I did after school was out....


All righty, all that aside. I have started working at a greenhouse for the summer, or at least for the busy spring months, and my feet are currently sore from two days of 8 hour shifts (I feel like a wimp for complaining because I really don't have it that bad, but they are sore!). And I've started to get into a "non-school" mindset.  I have a couple writing goals for myself this summer, but we'll see if they get finished or not. Goal One: Finish my 2nd book in the trilogy and finalize/publish it on Createspace. Goal Two: Type the draft of my 6th book so that it is on the computer and not just in notebooks.  Writing-wise, that is what I'm hoping to get done this summer. It doesn't sound like a lot, but things always take way longer than I expect them to. 

I am also trying to figure out good ideas for upcoming posts. I would LIKE to do about two (significant) posts a month, but I don't know if that will happen. So I have been brainstorming ideas. If you read my ideas and have any ideas for posts you would like to see, please let me know!! So far here is what I have come up with, in no particular order: 
  1. An "Ask Me Anything" post
  2. Introductions of characters from my books or interviews of those characters
  3. Some reflections on movies/books (the Han Solo movie comes out soon so that will probably happen)
  4. The usual "lately" posts, probably after vacation(s)
  5. Maybe I could find someone (ie a cousin--we are attempting to co-author a story) to do a post with me
  6. Maybe I'll talk about the World Cup or something...;)
That's all. I've probably missed several ideas, but that's not important. This isn't an extremely interesting post, and I apologize. But it's a post all the same.  Goodbye! 


This is me before and after a year of college


6 comments:

  1. Ask me anythings are invariably entertaining...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true! I think I will plan on doing one sometime this spring/summer.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on finishing school for the summer!!!
    OOH, DO A ASK ME ANYTHING POST!!! That would be awesome. XD
    Can't wait to hear more about your stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Mem! :)
      Haha, looks like an Ask Me Anything will be in the works soon here! Maybe for my blog's first anniversary!
      Thank you!!! :D

      Delete
  3. Just finished college myself, so I kinda know how you feel. I got an A and a B in my classes, but I'll bet it isn't as hard as your courses, just 4 credits. Glad to know that you will be able to post more soon. P.S. thanks for following my neglected blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. College is hard, isn't it? (Not that I was expecting it to be easy, but...)
      Thanks so much!
      P.S. You're welcome! :)

      Delete