Sunday, October 8, 2017

Questions and Queries...

So...this is my post for the month of October; about what's going on and what's on my mind. Caution: there will be a great deal of rambling and nonsense in this post! 
I just loved this path in the forest up north
And, as you could possibly guess from the title, I have a question. And a query. First, the question:

Should I change my blog's title?

I've been thinking about this one for a while. You see, the thing is, the title is "The Blog of Iorlh," but there are several good reasons pointing to why I possibly should change it. Here they are: 
  1. the word "Iorlh" is very hard to figure out how to pronounce unless you have a pronunciation guide.
  2. this blog is not all about the world of Iorlh. It's about a bunch of random stuff. (Like this post.) 
  3. it would be easier to explain to other people if the title was different and easier for other people to remember the name. 
So those are a few reasons. What do you think? The problem is, coming up with a new name is very difficult. I had thought it should at least have a bit of an allusion to my books, but I'm still trying to figure out the best way to put it into words in a 'catchy' sort of way, if you see what I mean. Something good. It would have to be something good. Like "Bookends and Bwopper-eels" or at least something alliterative that concerns Bwopper-eels. I even made a picture for you guys!
Copyright 2017 by ME.
As you can see, I have absolutely no artistic talent! :P Anyway, do you  have any thoughts about blog names? Here are the only ideas I've had so far: 
  1. "Bookends and Bwopper-eels." 
  2. "Bruceking and Bwopper-eels." 
  3. "Rhondin-esque Ramblings" (Rhondin is like the BEST character in my books...I can't draw him though.
Annnnnd.....I thought there was one more but I forgot it...oh well. :) 

What's your opinion? Do you have any ideas or opinions? (Please don't worry about offending me. I don't mind if you say, "Yeah, I literally can't pronounce your current name.") 

Anyhoo, that's my question. And as for the query, well, the query is, "What is my query?" Also "How on earth am I going to survive this semester of school?" It's been ca-razy busy. I have, I think, 9-ish classes (though about 4 are music ensembles) and 18 credit hours this semester. And it's only the very first semester of college! I get pretty stinking frustrated sometimes with some of my work. Turns out being a music major is a lot busier and crazier than I expected it to be. I literally get up at 5 a.m. three days a week and stay up till at least ten every night because there are just things that must be done! 


"That can't be healthy, can it?" 
(All that aside, I've survived so far and hopefully will survive for the next four years!) 

Now. On to a slightly lighter topic. Several months ago I took an online "Which Lord of the Rings character are you?" quiz just for fun (which character from the fellowship, that is) and just today I took it again to see if my result was consistent. I figured that way it would be fair because I didn't remember the responses that I put down a few months ago. And...I guess I told the truth, because it was the same result both times:

Why did it have to be Frodo?
Yeah, apparently I'm the most like Frodo. I find this weird, because...well...I don't feel that I have much in common with him. *shrugs* Oh well. Apparently this is who I am: "You're a bit of a wimp...but if you must do something, you will overcome fears to do it. Even so, you are a caring person who likes to have friends. You don't look or think like you were born for greatness...but you never know!" 
Interesting bit of 'what I've been up to' trivia. I do agree, I'm a wimp when it comes to certain things. (Like elevators. I've had a terrible phobia of them ever since I used to have elevator nightmares when I was little.) 

Well, Happy October! Enjoy the fall-ish weather, watch the leaves change colors, and drink apple cider with doughnuts! (At least if you live in somewhere where things work like that.) :) 

I found this four-leafed clover a couple summers ago and just found the pictures I took! 

10 comments:

  1. I like the first name you have listed. :-D (I think your bwopper eels are great! You should see my pictures. :-Z I think I can...maybe?...draw a nice square. That's about it. XD)
    No, it can't be healthy. *shakes head* *hands you a blanket* Now you can take a nap. ;-D
    OH MY WORD I HATE ELAVATORS!!! Totally with you there. *nods* :-) My LoTR characters I get in personality quizzes are Gandalf and Elrond (oooh, and Smaug!).
    Happy October to you too!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that one is my favorite too! I rather despise the last one, but...I had to put SOMETHING there! Haha, thank you! Maybe next time I'll ask my brother to draw them for me! :)
      Nah, I only need 4 hours of sleep every night, right? Isn't that how it's supposed to work? (Sigh...I hate to complain about it, but...it's very tiring!) *accepts blanket and immediately falls asleep* :D
      Really? Wow, I thought I was the only one with a strange phobia of elevators! Everyone I tell just looks at me strangely...
      Oh yes, Gandalf and Elrond are amazing! (And Smaug of course...who doesn't love Smaug?)
      :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Hmmm. I'm torn. I like your blog title now, but it definitely is a little hard to understand/pronounce without having read your book first. Or at least reading an explanation on it.

    I think "Bookends and Bwopper-Eels" is cute! Though you may have to explain Bwopper-Eels, then. :P The drawing you made of them is adorable. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too. If I do change it (which I'm leaning toward doing for some reason) it will probably be around Christmas time when I have some time off school! Then I'll be able to sit down and work on something! :)

      Thanks, I think that's the one I would prefer!
      Ha ha, yes, they ARE very adorable creatures! :P

      Delete
  3. I really like your blog title now, but if you'd like to change it I say go ahead. ;)
    I ALWAYS get Frodo because we have the same personalities (if I had the Ring I would be affected the same way...) and we're both drwamers, poetic, and... yeah. :)
    I love Frodo, but probably because Samwise Gamgee is my favorite character.
    LotR + Me = one happy fan-girl XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean dreamers not drwamers. XP

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I think if I change it it will be far easier to explain to 'outsiders,' but I haven't made up my mind quite yet. If there is to be a change, you can expect it sometime during Christmas break, because until then I won't have time! :)
      Yes, Frodo is great. He's a good Hobbit. I was just very surprised because I have never imagined myself to have much in common with him. *shrug* YES, THANK YOU! Sam is so wonderful! When I meet people who say that Sam is dumb or useless, I immediately put those people on semi-disowned status.
      :P Me too!
      Thank you for commenting! :)

      Delete
    3. I would always pronounce the title as "Ill-Eee-Or" in my head.

      Delete
    4. ...Interesting. *scratches head* That's why I think I'll probably change the name! :)

      Delete